We're hiring – Front-end web developer required! (Updated)
💀 Hi. You're reading an old post. Some of the stuff in here might be out of date, look weird or smell funny. We're sorry. We all get old you know? 💀
Thanks to everyone who applied for this post. We’ve now filled the position and are really excited to welcome a new member to the team. We’ll be introducing them to you once they’ve settled in and have worked out how to use the coffee machine!
A big thank you to everyone who tweeted/retweeted and shared the job!
Bluegg is a digital and creative design agency based in Newport, south Wales. For the last eleven years we’ve been busy creating brand identities, communications, packaging, websites, backend systems and lots of other cool stuff for some pretty awesome clients.
Our team is full of enthusiasm, talent and cheek. We enjoy our jobs and think a fun and creative working environment brings out the best in us.
We’re looking for a super talented and super ambitious front-end developer to help us build amazing websites.
About the role
You’ll be working in our small, but thriving team, building high quality websites for a wide range of clients. As part of our web team, you’ll work with our designers to turn beautiful layouts and concepts into perfectly executed code. You’ll need to be highly competent in responsive web design and WordPress integration. We pride ourselves on perfection, so you’ll need a ridiculous eye for the tiniest of details.
- Have excellent knowledge of responsive web design, working mobile first
- Have advanced skills in integration with WordPress
- Have a ridiculous eye for detail
- Have at least an understanding of version control and git
- Be up to date in all current web trends, and tomorrow’s technology
- Have a good understanding of web typography and grid systems
- Be able to bring ideas to our open table
- Be precious about performance, testing, compatibility and graceful degradation
- Take pride in your work
- Have an understanding of PHP and MySQL
- Have an understanding of UX and UI design
- Be happy and able to contribute technical information to proposals and our blog
As a person you’ll:
- Have a passion for the web and technology
- Be ambitious to push your ideas forward
- Not be afraid to stand your ground (we’re very open minded)
- Be a perfectionist
- Be thorough and take pride in your work
- Not take yourself too seriously and have a sense of humour
In return for all that, we’ll give you:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- A good group pension plan
- Great holiday entitlement
- The opportunity to attend conferences
- Whatever setup you need
- Free fruit and awesome coffee
- Flexible working hours
- A fun and passionate working environment
- A smile on your face (most of the time)
To apply, you’ll need to send us an email, stating why we should consider you, a CV and a link to your online portfolio or blog, plus links to websites you’ve built with a brief explanation of what your involvement with each was. Please send this to email@example.com
Absolutely no recruitment agencies. If you’re a recruitment agency or consultant (even if you’re ‘really good’ or ‘totally different’) and you call after reading this, Tom will ask you to read this message aloud to him. Now, we don’t want that do we? Thanks.