Thanks to everyone who applied for this post. We've now filled the position and are really excited to welcome a new member to the team. We'll be introducing them to you once they've settled in and have worked out how to use the coffee machine!
A big thank you to everyone who tweeted/retweeted and shared the job!
Bluegg is a creative and digital design agency based in Newport, south Wales. For the last ten years we’ve been busy creating brand identities, communications, packaging, websites, backend systems and lots of other cool stuff for some pretty awesome clients.
Our team is full of enthusiasm, talent and cheek. We enjoy our jobs and think a fun and creative working environment brings out the best in us.
We’re looking for a super talented and super ambitious web designer to help us build new things.
About the role
You’ll be working alongside our design and development teams to design and build awesome websites for our clients. You’ll be working closely with our web developers to form part of larger projects with really complex gubbins in the background.
You’ll need to know all about:
- Designing beautiful looking websites from brief, to concept, to finished item
- Responsive web design
- Integration with Wordpress
- Being pixel/percentage perfect – You’ll have a ridiculous eye for detail
- All the current web trends, and tomorrow's technology
- Web typography and grid systems
- Creating great, usable interfaces and have a good understanding of UX
- Testing, testing and testing again
It’d be nice if you knew about:
- App design/development
- Other scripting languages and databases (PHP & MySQL)
- Working with content and content strategy
- Planning – from functionality and architecture to content and schematics
You’ll need to be able to:
- Take a site map, content guide and design briefing and turn that into a stunning website
- Take a website design and build it in semantically perfect code
- Create mobile accessible (responsive) sites, with an understanding of content and context
- Browser test sites within an inch of their life
- Bring new ideas to the table
As a person you’ll:
- Have a passion for the web and technology
- Be ambitious to push your ideas forward
- Not be afraid to stand your ground (we’re very open minded)
- Have a ridiculous eye for detail
- Be thorough and take pride in your work
- Not take yourself too seriously and have a sense of humor
In return for all that, we’ll give you:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- A good group pension plan
- Great holiday entitlement
- Whatever setup you need
- Unlimited biscuits and awesome coffee
- A smile on your face (most of the time)
- Flexible working hours
Are you the one?
To apply, you’ll need to send us an email, stating why you’d like to work with us, a CV and a link to your online portfolio or blog, plus links to websites you’ve designed and built with a brief explanation of what your involvement with each was. Please send this to firstname.lastname@example.org
Agencies – Absolutely no agencies please. We already work with ones we like and trust. Cold calling will certainly not add you to that list.
Closing date: 15th Sept (subject to change)