Thanks to everyone who applied for our front-end developer position. We're delighted to have found the perfect chap to join the team and can't wait to introduce him to you when he starts in September. Sorry if you missed out, make sure you follow us on Twitter for any future positions.
Bluegg is a digital and creative design agency based in Cardiff Bay. For the last thirteen years we’ve been busy creating brands, packaging, websites, digital products and lots of other cool stuff for some pretty awesome clients.
Our team is full of enthusiasm, talent and cheek. We enjoy our jobs and think a fun and creative working environment brings out the best in us.
We’re looking for a super talented and super ambitious front-end developer to help us build amazing websites.
About the role
You’ll be working in our small but thriving team, building high quality websites for a wide range of clients. As part of our web team, you’ll work with our designers to turn beautiful layouts and concepts into perfectly executed code. You'll be happy to add your own input, especially when it comes to interactions and animations. You'll understand that websites are never finished, so will want to keep iterating and suggesting improvements to work we've already done.
We pride ourselves on perfection, so you’ll need a ridiculous eye for the tiniest of details.
- Have excellent knowledge of responsive web design, working mobile first
- Have advanced skills in integration with WordPress and/or CraftCMS
- Be comfortable using command line tools
- Know your Grunts from your Gulps
- Know your way around Illustrator and Photoshop
- Have a ridiculous eye for detail
- Have at least an understanding of version control, preferably Git
- Be up-to-date in all current web trends, and tomorrow’s technology
- Have a good understanding of web typography
- Be able to bring ideas to our open table
- Be precious about performance, testing, compatibility and graceful degradation
- Take pride in your work
- Be comfortable writing HTML/CSS using the BEM methodology
- Be able to work with Linux-based servers—we use Digital Ocean
- Have some experience using deployment tools such as Capistrano
- Have an understanding of PHP and MySQL
- Have an understanding of UX and UI design
- Be happy and able to contribute technical information to proposals and our blog
As a person you’ll:
- Have a passion for the web and technology
- Be ambitious to push your ideas forward
- Not be afraid to stand your ground (we’re very open minded)
- Be a perfectionist
- Be thorough and take pride in your work
- Not take yourself too seriously and have a sense of humour
In return for all that, we’ll give you:
- £28-£32k depending on experience
- A group pension plan
- The opportunity to attend conferences
- Whatever setup you need
- Free fruit, awesome coffee and chunky biscuits
- Flexible working hours
- A fun and passionate working environment
- A smile on your face (most of the time)
Absolutely no recruitment agencies
If you’re a recruitment agency or consultant (even if you’re ‘really good’ or ‘totally different’) and you call after reading this, Tom will ask you to read this message aloud to him. Now, we don’t want that do we? Thanks.